Violence in the Workplace
Violence in the workplace happens every second, minute, and hour of each day in the United States. In a society where crime and violence seem to be increasing daily, an employer’s overall plan should include strategies to prevent and mitigate the risk of workplace violence.
Violence in the Workplace is a practical, insightful guide which provides informative, proactive prevention strategies and defensive interventions that can save your life and the lives of your co-workers.
In this book you will learn how to:
- Survive an active shooter situation
- Identify violence risk factors
- Recognize emerging situations before they turn violent
- Deal with an agitated or dangerous individual
- Escape and survive a workplace violence incident
- Respond appropriately to an emergent situation
- Use the Art of Distraction to give you time to escape danger
- What lawful self-defense means to you
- How the flight-or-fight syndrome is actually a lifesaver
- How to create long-lasting safety habits